Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Steve Jobs, one of the greatest minds ever

Today, Steve Jobs resigned from CEO role at Apple. As he puts it “I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple’s CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come.” I am not going to write a Eulogy for Steve Jobs as I fully expect that he will keep on going but I wanted to say in this blog how grateful I was to have been in Silicon Valley at the same time as he was. This mind is one of the most fertile that the world has ever seen: from the MacIntosh to the Ipad, Steve Jobs has been at the forefront of many innovations. In a way, he is like Leonardo Da Vinci of technology. What I find amazing is that he has consistently delivered new innovation to the market over a long period of time. Delivering one significant innovation is not easy and few people will ever do it. He did it over and over again. No doubt that this mastery of innovation will be studied in Business Schools for a long time.

I am adding a link to a thoughtful article from Dean Takahashi at VentureBeat  http://bit.ly/rrFcCA as well as an a profile on hub.spoke.com.

No comments:

Contributors